Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Flower of Sweet Strabane by Paddy Reilly and Celt Music

The Flower of Sweet Strabane is playing in the background. Or has been playing in the background for the last two days. Music is an inconsequential part of my life. I don't follow any bands or any musician in particular. Let myself not be consumed the pride of indifference to music. It's just me. Such a character doesn't imply I don't listen to songs, obviously I have my picks. You know, it just happens to stumble upon some works and start loving it. I have a liking for Celt music, some of them. Especially those kind which soothes the soul. I first listened to The Flower of Sweet Strabane around two years back. There weren't any lyrics; a simple, captivating and calm instrumental. One of those rare songs to which I have an extreme tolerance, as in doesn't become a bore after a while. Any day at any time I can plug in my headphones and start indulging my spirit in the song, an exceptional one. During one of my Google searches, the keyword The Flower of Sweet Strabane lyrics caught my attention, as there were no lyrics in the instrumental I used to listen. Few days back I checked on the details of the song. I came to know that it is sung by an Irish singer named Paddy Reilly who used to work with an Irish folk band called The Dubliners. The song is lovely and lyrics exude romance from within. I downloaded the song and started listening before uploading to my YouTube channel. The instrumental rendition still remains as one of my all-time-favourites; the list welcomes the new entrant, The Flower of Sweet Strabane by Paddy Reilly. Reach the lyrics-less but magical rendition here.

I am also sharing couple more of personal all-time favourite Celt songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment